Friday, February 19, 2010

LED Dot Matrix POV Font Generator

I have created a sweet little VBA program in Excel with a user interface that allows you to create patterns and fonts and format them in to hex strings ready for the C compiler of your choice. Check it out at Instructables. It was even Featured because people are really into flashy LED stuff. I used it to create a 5x8 font table for my future LED scrolling display. I also fed the font into my POV prototype. Check it out.


LED Scolling Dot Matrix Font & Graphics Generator 5x8 5x7 8x8 - More DIY How To Projects">

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Roznerd! I made my own high wattage 8x32 LED display and testing it now and needed software. I was doing this in Excel when I came across your version. You did all the work for me! So thanks. I may have to modify, not sure if I'm going to row scan or column scan.

    ReplyDelete